DATA SCIENCE & R PROGRAMMING
One Week FDP Workshop on “DATA SCIENCE & R PROGRAMMING”
From 11-12-2017 to 16-12-2017
Organized by JNT University Hyderabad
in association with
MSIT (Consortium of Institutions of Higher Learning)
Data Science is playing a vital role in many fields like Business, Healthcare, Governance, Marketing, Opinion making through Social interactions etc. This workshop is designed to introduce some important concepts of data science and their applications in real world. The participants are expected to learn some core data science algorithms and implement them in R apart from having a broad understanding of data science its scope. The speakers and resource persons are experienced data scientists from academics and industry. This workshopconnects the participants with some practicingdata scientists from industry to discuss the skill set and knowledge they are looking in a data scientist to improve their businesses.
Venue: SIT Auditorium, JNT University Hyderabad, Kukatpally, Hyderabad.
Topics covered in Workshop
1. Statistics for Data Science
2. Introduction to Data Analytics and Business Analytics
4. Big Data and MapReduce
5. Data Preparation and Data Exploration
6. Machine Learning
7. Recommendation systems
8. Data Visualization
9. Data Scraping and Cloud
10. Big Picture, Industry Tools and Frameworks for Data Science
Subject Areas for Practice in Workshop
1. Excel for Data Analytics
2. Basic Programming practice in R
3. Databases SQLite
4. Big Data and MapReduce, Hadoop and Spark
6. Data Analytics and Business Analytics
7. Data Preparation and Exploration
8. Machine Learning
9. Data Visualization
10. Data Scraping and Working with Cloud
1. Microsoft Excel
2. Know basic Statistics and Programming in R.
3. Laptop with Hadoop and R installed on it.
The course materials include:
Notes on R: A Programming Environment for Data Analysis and Graphics Version 3.4.3 (2017-11-30)
The entire Data science workshop repository including lesson plan, Conceptual notes, Lab Practice Notes and home assignments available here:
The programme is open to the teachers of engineering colleges working in constituent / affiliated colleges of JNTUH.